COM objects with IIS6 + FASTCGI PHP [Answered]RSS

3 replies

Last post Dec 06, 2007 12:26 PM by rickjames

• COM objects with IIS6 + FASTCGI PHP

Dec 05, 2007 12:39 PM|alex-party|LINK

Hello,

I'm running IIS6 + FastCGI PHP 5.2.3 non-threaded-version and having (apparently permissions issue) when calling COM objects from php.

-------------------------ERROR--------------------
    The FastCGI Handler was unable to process the request.

Error Details:

* The FastCGI process exceeded configured activity timeout
        * Error Number: 258 (0x80070102).
        * Error Description: The wait operation timed out.

HTTP Error 500 - Server Error.
    Internet Information Services (IIS)

-------------------------------------------------------

php-cgi.exe runs as NETWORK SERVICES. I think COM objects, which in turn access network drives, require Administrator permissions.

When logged in as ADMINISTRATOR and run >c:\php\php.exe -f test.php - IT WORKS !!!

So, is there an option to run fastCGI or php-cgi.exe under different user account ????

Any clue or help would be really appreciated.

Thank You in advance! 

Alex

FastCGI IIS7 500 iis6

• Re: COM objects with IIS6 + FASTCGI PHP

Dec 05, 2007 12:55 PM|rickjames|LINK

Hi alex-party,

The FastCGI activity timeout is being exceeded. By default, this means that test.php took longer than 30 seconds to respond. This could be because of permissions or some other aspect of the environment that is different.

How long does it take to run test.php from the command line?

Does procmon (www.sysinternals.com) show any new access denied logs for php-cgi.exe when run as a FastCGI?

Some COM objects are not designed to be run in server environments. If you don't mind, could you share the COM object's name (ProgID)?

Cheerz,

Rick.

Dec 05, 2007 01:17 PM|alex-party|LINK

Hi Rick,

Thanks for fast reply,

The COM objects are third party software, FOTOWEB application.

$IFWSystemSettings = new COM("FOTOWEB.SystemSettings");   <-this COM call works ok
    $IFWSystemSettings->Load();
    $FileListCache = new COM("FOTOWEB.FileListCache");   <-this module searches files on network drive, which has "EVERYONE" permissions

How long does it take to run test.php from the command line? -------> works fast, in 0.6 sec.

I used procmon to track messages and it all gives SUCCESS, except some DLL files not found, but I think it's not related.

I tried to install PHP as ISAPI module, and it worked ok, but it's very unstable and takes around 0..6 sec - up to - 1 minute to load results. I can't explain that either. Calling COM objects from ASP works like a charm, but I'm not familiar with ASP.

I'm dieing here :) I've spent 78 hours on this....any clue would be helpful.

Thanks,

Alex

Dec 06, 2007 12:26 PM|rickjames|LINK

Hi alex-party,

It seem legitimate to take > 30 seconds to search for photos. Why don't you try increasing the ActivityTimeout to something like 90 seconds and see if the program works. If it does, then you can start investigating why it's taking so long to run (e.g. check cpu, disk and network perf counters on web server and network drive machine).

Cheerz,

Rick.