Problem with dates comparison, I need help please!RSS

5 replies

Last post Feb 26, 2007 04:56 PM by Anonymous

• Problem with dates comparison, I need help please!

Feb 21, 2007 03:38 AM|Anonymous|LINK

Hi there:

I'm having a problem with a query. I'm trying to tranfer data from a log file with W3C format to a MsSQL database, I'm doing it with Visual Basic. I need to get all the records after a specific date and time, for instance after the "10-02-2007 00:17:40". I wrote the query below, the log parser didn't show any error but there were no records as a result and I know there are records after that date in the log files.

"SELECT Date, Time, client-ip, Client-hostname, Partner-Name, Server-hostname, server-IP, Recipient-Address, Event-ID, MSGID, Priority, Recipient-Report-Status, total-bytes, Number-Recipients, Origination-Time, Encryption, service-Version, Linked-MSGID, Message-Subject, Sender-Address

FROM 'C:\logs\*.log'

WHERE TO_TIMESTAMP(Date,'dd-MM-yyyy') > TO_TIMESTAMP('10-02-2007','dd-MM-yyyy')

OR

(TO_TIMESTAMP(Date,'dd-MM-yyyy') = TO_TIMESTAMP('10-02-2007','dd-MM-yyyy') AND TO_TIMESTAMP(Time,'hh:mm:ss') >= TO_TIMESTAMP('00:17:40','hh:mm:ss'))

ORDER BY Date, Time"

If someone can figure out what is wrong on the query, please let me know

Thanks very much

juan!

W3C input format

• Re: Problem with dates comparison, I need help please!

Feb 21, 2007 06:47 AM|Anonymous|LINK

Try combining Date and Time into a full timestamp the way the help file shows then do your comparison against that.

W3C input format

Feb 21, 2007 08:17 AM|Anonymous|LINK

LogParser User : juasebsto

Quote: Try combining Date and Time into a full timestamp the way the help file shows then do your comparison against that.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for you answer. I really don't understand what is going on with this, it seems that Logparser ingnore the information. I even tried this simple query....

WHERE TO_DATE(TO_TIMESTAMP(Date,'yyyy-MM-dd')) = TIMESTAMP('2007-02-10', 'yyyy-MM-dd')

... and logparser doesn't show any error but it returns 0 records and I know there are plenty of records on this date in the log file.

Do you think there may be other way to do it?

Thanks

juan!

W3C input format

Feb 22, 2007 11:43 AM|Anonymous|LINK

this should work:

WHERE TO_TIMESTAMP(Date,'yyyy-MM-dd') = TO_TIMESTAMP('2007-02-10', 'yyyy-MM-dd')

W3C input format

Feb 24, 2007 04:59 PM|Anonymous|LINK

Hey.. i dont tknow if this is what u need, but it works for me: 

WHERE date >= TIMESTAMP( '2006-09-28 00:00:00', 'yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss' )
     AND date <= TIMESTAMP( '2006-10-28 00:00:00', 'yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss' )

Cheers

W3C input format

Feb 26, 2007 04:56 PM|Anonymous|LINK

LogParser User : juasebsto

Quote: Hey.. i dont tknow if this is what u need, but it works for me:   WHERE date >= TIMESTAMP( '2006-09-28 00:00:00', 'yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss' )  AND date <= TIMESTAMP( '2006-10-28 00:0...

Hi there,

Thanks very much for your answers. You may be think I'm crazy but I resolved it with the following script:

TO_TIMESTAMP(TO_STRING(STRCAT(STRCAT(STRCAT(STRCAT(SUBSTR(Date,0,4),'-'),REPLACE_CHR(SUBSTR(Date,5,2),'-','')),'-'),REPLACE_CHR(SUBSTR(Date,7,ADD(STRLEN(Date),-7)),'-',''))),'yyyy-M-d') > TIMESTAMP('" + DateLastItem + "','yyyy-M-d')

OR

( (TO_TIMESTAMP(TO_STRING(STRCAT(STRCAT(STRCAT(STRCAT(SUBSTR(Date,0,4),'-'),REPLACE_CHR(SUBSTR(Date,5,2),'-','')),'-'),REPLACE_CHR(SUBSTR(Date,7,ADD(STRLEN(Date),-7)),'-',''))),'yyyy-M-d') = TIMESTAMP('" + DateLastItem + "','yyyy-M-d'))

AND

(TO_TIMESTAMP(REPLACE_STR(REPLACE_CHR(Time,' ',''),'GMT',''),'h:m:s') >= TIMESTAMP('" + TimeLastItem + "','h:m:s')) ))

I tested it with many log files and it does what I need. I found out after a while that there are some little problems when dates come with the format yyyy-M-d even if you convert them with the CONVERT function to yyyy-MM-dd.

I hope it can be useful for someone.

juan!

W3C input format