This kind of a mixed question my server side php scripts will process the submits from a form using HTMLRSS

1 reply

Last post Aug 18, 2007 12:01 AM by mvolo

• This kind of a mixed question my server side php scripts will process the submits from a form usi...

Aug 14, 2007 05:31 PM|fshaw|LINK

The following control select and optgroup which i love the look of and really want to use!

<select>
    <optgroup label="Blue Lodges">
    <option value="John T. Heard Lodge">John T. Heard Lodge</option>
    <option value="The Tyrian-Acacia Lodge">The Tyrian-Acacia Lodge</option>
    </optgroup>
    </select>

as i see it and did not relize until now is that and still do not know for shure if it is the case but for me to get to see the value that was selecetd above - do i need to create a call back function to call to my server side php script grab the value on a post stuff in a varable and then call back to the HTML and put the value in the text box and then when the go button is selected then call my lodgeselected.php server side script and process the value.

I really like the look and feel of the optgroup and have big plans using this cotrol - is there another way to do this and grab the value selected in the optgroup?

If i can use Ajax or java or anything beside a call back function?

Please explian THANKS

The orginal thought was to just grab the value but i realize it is a lot more compcated then i thought? I am stuped or what ?

<?php

$selected = value; echo $selected;

?>

So now i know the above is wrong - so what can i do 

My form is the following below:

<form action="lodgeselected.php" method="post"> <element attribute="nodeValue" /> <label for="elementID"></label> <input id="elementID" /> <input type="hidden" name="Blue-lodge" value="<?php echo $selected ?>" /> <label for="textfield">Forum selected</label> <input type="submit" value="Go" />

</form>

I know that the FORM above is close but how do i get the PHP bettewn to grab and show the value selected?

THANKS

Frank H. Shaw

• Re: This kind of a mixed question my server side php scripts will process the submits from a form...

Aug 18, 2007 12:01 AM|mvolo|LINK

Hi Frank,

While I dont have the answer for you, I've seen you post a few of general PHP questions over the past several weeks that went unanswered, and I wanted to tell you that you may have better luck posting general PHP questions on one of the PHP newsgroups.  Most of the people on the forums (including many on the IIS team) dont have very extensive PHP experience (yet).

In contrast, the internet is full of excellent PHP resources and messageboards where you can get your answers a lot quicker.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike Volodarsky
    CTO at LeanSentry
    Former IIS/ASP.NET PM