IIS calculates and slows down the threads priorityRSS

2 replies

Last post Oct 03, 2006 02:59 PM by vakuum

• IIS calculates and slows down the threads priority

Oct 03, 2006 12:27 PM|vakuum|LINK

I've made a Web Service that i can upload files over.
    From the client, it loops and sends chunks of 34kb data to the server with a web-service-request.
    When checking the bytes that are comming to the server, i see that the first file gets 100%, the 2nd gets 70%, 3rd get about 40% and then it's sets at 20% or almost going "linkdead".

it seems that iis is seeing this many requests as a threat (spam), and slows them down.

The server is a plain ms2003 web server with iis and asp.net.

Is it any settings i can disable\enable in iis or the server, to get this fixed?
    Been debugging my app for days, and it can only be something that iis does, that causes this problem :\
  • Re: IIS calculates and slows down the threads priority

Oct 03, 2006 02:10 PM|tomkmvp|LINK

I have no idea, but it sounds like a lot of trouble to go through when you can just use the built-in ASP.NET file upload capabilities ...
    Tom Kaminski (former IIS MVP 2002-2010)
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
  • Re: IIS calculates and slows down the threads priority

Oct 03, 2006 02:59 PM|vakuum|LINK

This web service is both a file uploader and downloader.
    And since it's sending chunks of the file, i can upload files as large as 800mb or even more.

It seems that iis gets a quick pause when first file is sent, cause the client has to read the new file to send, and then sets the speed down.

PS: if i restart the client (gets a new session), the first file is sent with 100% again.