Access denied Error when loading DLL-file in WebApplicationRSS

1 reply

Last post Oct 03, 2006 02:05 PM by madkidd

• Access denied Error when loading DLL-file in WebApplication

Sep 22, 2006 10:38 AM|Tobias Boehler|LINK

Hello there.

I've got a weired problem with our WebApp:

I set up the WebSite on a 2003WindowsServer. The WebSite uses Framework 2.0. The WebSite is in a special AppPool.

WebSite
    Uses Windows Authentification

AppPool
    Uses "Network Service" for Authentification

The "Network Service" has all permissions on local Folder from WebApp and ASP.NET Temp Internet Files.
    The WebSite can be accessed by HostHeaders.

Now my Users access the site, all works fine. Sometimes the error appears at the second access, sometimes later. Its really different and until now I cant find a rule for the period the error appears.

What causes the error?
    In the InitializeCulture function (overrided) I access a DLL:

Dim dllAssemb As [Assembly]
                dllAssemb = [Assembly].LoadFrom("xy.dll")

Here the exception got thrown. But not every time. Sometimes it does, sometimes not. Error message at the end of post.

More informations.
    I never got the error message at first. When the User gets the message, I get it too.
    After Restarting AppPool, everything works fine for a few accesses.
    I stopped the IndexingService, because it lockst the ASP.NET Temp Inet File folder for some minutes.
    The McAffee virus scanner has no entries in the Log-files.

It's really urgent.... Thanks in advance for every help.

Tobias

Now the error message:

Could not load file or assembly 'file:///D:\TEDSYS\IBI-reportV6_RHE\bin\IBI.report.UserTEDSYS.dll' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: Fehler beim Laden des UserPlugIns - InitCulture
    Could not load file or assembly 'file:///D:\TEDSYS\IBI-reportV6_RHE\bin\IBI.report.UserTEDSYS.dll' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ page language="vb" autoeventwireup="false" inherits="IBI.report.IntraReport.LogOn, App_Web_lsdg71ou" validaterequest="false" %>
    Line 2:  <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
    Line 3:  <HTML>

Source File: D:\TEDSYS\IBI-reportV6_RHE\Login.aspx    Line: 1

Stack Trace:
    [Exception: Fehler beim Laden des UserPlugIns - InitCulture
    mscorlib
    D:\TEDSYS\IBI-reportV6_RHE\bin\IBI.report.UserTEDSYS.dll
    RFN1004\ibiadmin]
       IBI.report.IntraReport.LogOn.InitializeCulture() +479
       ASP.login_aspx.__BuildControlTree(login_aspx __ctrl) in D:\TEDSYS\IBI-reportV6_RHE\Login.aspx:1
       ASP.login_aspx.FrameworkInitialize() +69
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +40
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +86
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +18
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49
       ASP.login_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +29
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +154
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +64
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42
  • Re: Access denied Error when loading DLL-file in WebApplication

Oct 03, 2006 02:05 PM|madkidd|LINK

Do you have ASP.NET impersonation on?
    Best regards,

Jeremy Hodges | Windows Server 2003 MCP
    Managed Microsoft hosting: www.orcsweb.com