unable install IIS error code 0x57RSS

3 replies

Last post Sep 19, 2006 11:43 PM by qbernard

• unable install IIS error code 0x57

Sep 19, 2006 03:50 AM|Cvendzo|LINK

Hi, I have been trying to install IIS (win xp sp2) but keep finding the following error message: "setup could not copy one or more files. The specific error code is 0x57. Press OK to continue or Cancel to stop setup and try again. If you continue, the components may not  function properly." And true to the message, IIS does not work! In fact, when  I try and run it from Administrative Tools, it trys to search for the file iis.msc with out success. I have  tried to search the Knowledge Base with the code mentioned above, but found little of help. 
    Has anyone come across this problem or similar and have any advice for what I can do to resolve this problem and  install it correctly? 

I thank you should any be able to help! 

Thank you, 
    Cvendzo

• Re: unable install IIS error code 0x57

Sep 19, 2006 04:15 AM|qbernard|LINK

Check if you find any fail/error entries in the iis6.log file at %windir% directory..... have you try uninstall and reinstall again?

Cheers,
    Bernard Cheah

Sep 19, 2006 04:34 AM|Cvendzo|LINK

Of couse I tried reinstall iis few times... 

There are lot of errors, for example:

IIS Setup Error, Msg:The file 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\Aspperf.dll' does not exist.

Title:MTS Setup Error, Msg:Microsoft COM+ was not setup correctly. IIS Setup will continue, but the server may not function properly.Failure occured in:Creating in process application....

Sep 19, 2006 11:43 PM|qbernard|LINK

Wow.... messy.
    Now - try ...
    a) uninstall IIS (safe or normal mode)
    b) Remove files and folders
    %windir%/system32/inetsvr/
    /inetpub/
    %windir%/iisx.log (x=5 for w2k, 6 for XP, Win03)
    (use safe mode to delete)
    c) reboot

then check if you can open Component services and drill all the way down to 'my application' node... any error msgs? next check if you other event log errors... need to make sure com+ catalog is fine before reinstalling IIS.

Cheers,
    Bernard Cheah