We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

Can't "PUT" to a Web Service Running on IIS 7.0RSS

4 replies

Last post Sep 22, 2006 10:31 PM by bills

• Can't "PUT" to a Web Service Running on IIS 7.0

Sep 15, 2006 01:22 AM|cwhitla|LINK

I am trying to get Source Safe 2005 running under IIS 7.0:

Everything appears to be working fine except for uploading files via the webservice.  If I look in the IIS log, I see I'm getting a 403 error on the PUT verb that's trying to send the file.  I have add all verbs for the handler for asmx files, I have given absolutely everyone in the world permissions the VSS directories, I've clicked in tons of places I probably shouldn't have clicked, and I've prayed to many an IIS god, but no luck at all.

Anyone have any ideas?

• Re: Can't "PUT" to a Web Service Running on IIS 7.0

Sep 18, 2006 01:53 PM|cwhitla|LINK

I'd appreciate any thoughts on this, even if you don't have the slightest clue!

Sep 19, 2006 03:59 AM|qbernard|LINK

No idea, but what msgs you see on the page? also what's the status+substatus code in IIS log file?
    Cheers,
    Bernard Cheah

Sep 22, 2006 07:48 PM|cwhitla|LINK

Well, I finally got the info on this one from the VSS 2005 forum over on Microsoft's forums:

The WebDAV extensions aren't available for IIS 7.0, which includes the "PUT" verb, so anything that tries to use it will not work.  WebDAV is on the feature list for Longhorn Server, but it's so far in the future that it can't be confirmed if it'll be there.

So, in other words, I'm screwed :(

• bills bills

415 Posts

Microsoft

Re: Can't "PUT" to a Web Service Running on IIS 7.0

Sep 22, 2006 10:31 PM|bills|LINK

Unfortunately, WebDAV will not be available in the Longhorn Server box.  We are working on a replacement version, which we hope to make available around the time Longhorn Server ships.

hth -

bill

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Bill Staples
    Product Unit Manager, IIS
    blog: http://blogs.iis.net/bills