IIS 5.1 (XP) and virtual directorysRSS

1 reply

Last post Jul 20, 2006 12:59 PM by tomkmvp

• IIS 5.1 (XP) and virtual directorys

Jul 20, 2006 07:57 AM|gtjr921|LINK

My issues is rather simple, how to resolve it i am not sure.
    I have XP and iis 5.1 as everyone knows you can only have one site there. However I have 2 sites on mine the second one i have seup in a virtual directory and just have some URL redirection going on from another site. I have discovered that any handlers that reference DLL's in the main sites webconfig file need to also be placed in the bin folder of the site in the virtual directory.  Evidently IIS sees the virtual directory as a sort of sub folder to the main site, and hence checks the main sites webconfig file before checking the webconfig on the site that uses the virtual directory. This makes sense, however is there anyway to avoid copying uneccessay dll's to the virtual directory sites bin folder. I guess the real question is is there anyway to get IIS to bypass the webconfig file in my main directory if the virtual directory is what is being accessed. I hope i worded this well enough...
    I am using asp.net 2.0
    Thanks for any help...
  • Re: IIS 5.1 (XP) and virtual directorys

Jul 20, 2006 12:59 PM|tomkmvp|LINK

gtjr921

I guess the real question is is there anyway to get IIS to bypass the webconfig file in my main directory if the virtual directory is what is being accessed.
      No.  (and FWIW, this is an ASP.NET and not an IIS specific question)