We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

View Complete Thread
  • Re: PHP 7.2 on IIS extremely slooow . string concat, but everything else works great??!

Mar 12, 2019 04:19 PM|niceblue|LINK

Thanks very much for the diagram, that is helpful.

First, it's not crashing, it works. The problem is that there is a huge performance discrepancy between the Window IIS string concat operator and other implementations. This would be fine, except string concat is mission critical for most PHP implementations as a SQL processor.

And second, the performance difference is huge ... order of 35,000% (yes ... not a typo). If it were "only" 200% / 2x slower ... not problem.

I'm fairly sure it's not in the PHP implementation ... although it might be. No other implementation seems to have this issue ... and therefore I have found no were else to help on this.

It's obviously something specific to how memory or performance limitations in Windows has caused the string concat function to be extremely slow for larger strings.

I'm pretty sure this is a central issue to anyone using PHP on IIS Windows since I'm sure they will be at some point concatenating longer strings for SQL queries ...?

If there is any coding input from anyone in the Windows/IIS/PHP community that would be really great!