View Complete Thread
  • "HTTP Error 404.17 - Not Found" when I try to open a .aspx file

Feb 21, 2018 11:47 AM|alesmazz|LINK

Good morning, I have a problem when I try to display into a browser a web-application, developed in .aspx and .aspx.vb format (through the Visual Studio 2017 environment). I distributed the app itself on a Windows 2012 R2 server, in which I uploaded both the ASPX 2.0 and 4.5 frameworks and the IIS.

In the IIS, through the Server Manager, I connected the app to the website on which I want to view it. The problem, however, is that when I type the address of the site and the name of the .aspx file on the browser, I read the following words: "The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable".

"Locally", when the web-app is located on the C and/or D disks (inside the server), if I try to open the website I found this problem: "HTTP Error 404.17 - Not Found. 

Most likely causes:

The request matched a wildcard mime map. The request is mapped to the static file handler. If there were different pre-conditions, the request will map to a different handler.

Things you can try:

If you want to serve this content as a static file, add an explicit MIME map."

How can I solve, and so to see the page I want to visit?? Thank you in advance.