View Complete Thread
  • Re: FastCGI problems make PHP-sites crash running in IIS 10

Dec 04, 2017 07:59 AM|RolfSnijd|LINK

Hello Yuk Ding,

Thank you for your answer and advice.

A. About IUSR: I thought this IIS-user is obsolete/deprecated in Windows IIS 10.

I also see other Windows-users (via Permission Entry for <...UNC:website...> Select User or Group), such as:

ASP.NET, IIS_IUSR, IIS_WPG, and IUSR, but no Windows-users with the name of a site, generally: IIS (Apppool\<apppoolname>).

But all these sites do have a Windows user-profile/account in c:\users\ !?!

B.a) I have tried, though, to initiate IUSR rights to my Piwigo-site from top-level folder and all sub-folders (parent/child + files: Replace all child permissions...).

This led to many 'Access denied' message-boxes regarding all kinds of files within this website (sub)folders.

Previously, IUSR had no rights at all on the piwigo-website (sub)folders, but now I gave the following Window-rights to IUSR (except for the Access Denied items):

Read & execute+, List folder contents+, Read+, Write+ .

One of these IUSR-rights seems to have a slight beneficial effect on the Piwigo-site: less errors (HTTP Error 500.0), but not completely resolved.

b) I gave the same rights to my Piwik-site (also many 'Access Denied' on child-files).

The result on this site is that the information on particular site-entities is still not updated properly (Continous message: "Loading data ...").

C. I also gave IUSR these same rights (see above) to: c:\windows\temp .

D. And I gave IUSR rights on: ..\PHP\v7.1\php-cgi.exe: Read+ , Read&Execute+ .

Summary:

I still keep on getting the message (or half-built pages in Piwik):

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error : ..\PHP\v7.1\php-cgi.exe - The FastCGI process exited unexpectedly .

I still have no clue what exactly causes the problem: PHP v.7.1.7, CGI, Fastcgi, Piwigo, IIS 10 or Windows 10 update (Creator Fall), or collaboration of Windows with Open Source components.

Friendly regards,

Rolf