View Complete Thread
  • Re: PHP 7.2 and future of WinCache

Sep 06, 2017 11:03 PM|DRUE|LINK

DropPhone

DRUE

Are you going to fix the issues with reroute_enabled and WordPress?

To which issue are you referring?  I'm not aware of an issue with reroute_enabled + WordPress.  Please send reports/links to me via private message.

I've heard of issues with reroute_enabled + Drupal, but nothing about WordPress.  I'm investigating the Drupal issues as time permits.

DRUE

Is this setting useful in any way?

If you are working off a local file system (an actual disk on the local machine), then not so much.  However, if you are working on a network drive or remote file system, then reroute_enabled absolutely makes a difference. 

The challenge with reroute_enabled is there are dozens of file-related PHP functions, and WinCache only hooks the most frequently used ones to improve performance.  Over the past few years I've added hooks for a couple more, just to get WordPress and a couple of other frameworks to work.  However, if your PHP code uses other, unhooked I/O functions in combination with hooked functions, then you'll get inconsistent views of the file system, and that's ultimately what causes things to go sideways.

Thx!

--E.

Out of curiosity, what would happen if opcache.enable_file_override and reroute_enabled were both on?

opcache.enable_file_override hooks file_exists, is_file, and is_readable.

If both are on, will bad things happen, or will only one override handler be used? (Which?)