View Complete Thread
  • What about running WordPress on IIS ?

Feb 01, 2017 10:39 PM|bradleyrogers2|LINK

We have an existing wordpress website.  The goal is to use IIS to serve the site instead of Apache and MAMP (which currently runs on another machine, works fine)

I was able to get a basic wordpress site up from scratch, but there seems to be 2 bugs, on the installer it asks for the MySQL admin pwd before its been setup, and then there is a 2M file upload size, and we have 5-7MB files, then the Import xml file is even larger.  I got around uploading themes by placing the theme.zip in place.  but no luck importing the other site by xml.

Other people have asked and the usual thing is:  change the setting in php.ini  but there is NONE.   in the WebMatrix settings I checked everything, and enabled hidden files.  tried setting the variable for upload size, no it stays at 2M

But is there any other solution?  we are launching a brand new site that we hope to be active and supported for at least 5 years, more likely over 10 years.

Can anyone comment on whether it will be safe to setup a new website based on wordpress, hosted by IIS on a Windows2012 Server?  We also have 2008 Server.  I read a Forum post saying support ends in 2017?

What about WordPress on IIS?     My platform of choice is asp.net/mvc but this site was done many years ago and is now running on wordpress, we are upgrading it with a new theme and more content