View Complete Thread
  • Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.

Feb 10, 2016 09:28 PM|Brian Ashcraft|LINK

Hello All,

I am using WebMatrix with a MySQL database.  ASP.Net, with Razor syntax.

My hosting is with goDaddy.

I have successfully deployed my database to goDaddy, and am able to connect to it using mySQL Workbench.

I believe I have a problem with either my web.config file, or perhaps a mySQL dll.

I FTP'd my site to goDaddy, and placed the following DLLs int he /bin directory:

MySqlData.dll, MySql.Data.Entity.dll, MySqlWeb.dll and System.Data.Entity.dll

My web.config file looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<configuration>
      <system.webServer>
      </system.webServer>
      <system.web>
        <compilation debug="true" targetFramework="4.0" />
        <customErrors mode="Off" />
      </system.web>
      <system.data>
        <DbProviderFactories>
        </DbProviderFactories>
      </system.data>
      <connectionStrings>
            <add name="RP" connectionString="Server=50.62.209.107;Database=RP;Uid=my_userid;Pwd=my_password" providerName="MySql.Data.MySqlClient"></add>
      </connectionStrings>
      <appSettings>
            <add key="enableSimpleMembership" value="true" />
     </appSettings>
    </configuration>

When I execute the website in my browser I get the following error:

Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider.  It may not be installed.

Line 29: 
    Line 30: @{
    Line 31:     WebSecurity.InitializeDatabaseConnection("RP", "UserProfile", "UserId", "Email", true);
    Line 32: }

Source File: g:\pleskvhosts\dibbstraining.com\robeyspub.com\_AppStart.cshtml    Line: 31 

The website works fine, if I change the connection to "localhost", and leave all other information the same.

When I hit the Remote/Settings button in WebMatrix I get the following error:

"error trying to discover the databases from 'Web.config'  An error occurred when reading the IIS Configuration File."

When I hit the Remote/Check Compatibility button the process starts, and it just churns.  It never seems to finish.

I can "Publish" my website using "Web Deploy".

Any help appreciated.  Day 3 of facerolling the keyboard....  

Thanks!