View Complete Thread
  • MSDeploy error: Could not open Source file: Could not find a part of the path

Sep 19, 2014 03:23 AM|terry.clancy|LINK

Dear MSDeployers,

In my project, MSDeploy works from Visual Studio 2013 but when I try and run it from the "Developer Command Prompt for VS2013" using the following command:

msbuild.exe C:\Clancy\A_ClancyCom\Dev\ClancyCom2\ClancyCom2\ClancyCom2.csproj /p:VisualStudioVersion=12.0 /p:DeployOnBuild=true /p:PublishSettingsFile=C:\Clancy\A_ClancyCom\Dev\ClancyCom2\ClancyCom2\Properties\PublishProfiles\ClancySvrVM1_Test.pubxml  /p:WebPublishPipelineCustomizeTargetFile=C:\Clancy\A_ClancyCom\Dev\ClancyCom2\ClancyCom2\ClancyCom2.wpp.targets

I get following error:

Transforming Source File: C:\Clancy\A_ClancyCom\Dev\ClancyCom2\ClancyCom2\umbraco\Install\Views\Web.config;.\umbraco\Install\Views\Web.config C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v12.0\Web\Microsoft.Web.Publishing.targets(2292,5): error : Could not open Source file: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Clancy\A_ClancyCom\Dev\ClancyCom2\ClancyCom2\umbraco\Install\Views\Web.config;\umbraco\Install\Views\Web.config'. [C:\Clancy\A_ClancyCom\Dev\ClancyCom2\ClancyCom2\ClancyCom2.csproj]   Transformation failed Done Building Project "C:\Clancy\A_ClancyCom\Dev\ClancyCom2\ClancyCom2\ClancyCom2.csproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

I need to use msdeploy from the command line because I need to be able to specify different   *.wpp.targets files for deploying to different destinations (Test and Production Servers).

It seems wrong to me that the Source File Path (copied below) appears to have two fragments in it:

C:\Clancy\A_ClancyCom\Dev\ClancyCom2\ClancyCom2\umbraco\Install\Views\Web.config;.\umbraco\Install\Views\Web.config

It appears to by trying to access this path but it does not work because it consists of two path fragments.

Any help understanding this problem, how to fix it or the best approach to further debug it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Terry Clancy

msdeploy wpp.targets MSDeploywpp.targets