View Complete Thread
  • Re: IIS 7.0 - HTTP Error 404.17 - Not Found - Static File Handler.

Aug 23, 2010 02:53 PM|RichLoba|LINK

Hello, As an FYI, I had a similar issue with Windows 2008 and Windows 7. 1.       I followed your steps: aspnet_regiss –I on a Windows 2008 (x64) and Windows 7 (x64) box. After running the above command there seemed to be duplicate entries in Web.config. 2.       Rather than trying to figure out which ones were causing the problem, I just restored the original web.config.  3.       I ran the site again, and this time the error message pointed me to steps to reference the .NET 4.0 ISAPI extensions. 4.       After that everything came up and ran just fine. I had originally installed .NET 4.0 and figured everything would work. I did a simple hello world targeting .NET 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 that all worked, but the .NET 4.0 version didn’t. I now use these .NET target tests as a good simple way to determine if the following steps needed to be done. Do you see any other issues I should be thinking about with all of this? Let me know if you would like any information regarding these steps, I could let you TS into the box if you do. FYI: I’m in the OU  if you want to contact me directly. Thanks Leo, Richard Loba