We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

View Complete Thread
  • Re: SEO Toolkit only searching my home page

Jan 11, 2010 08:42 PM|tgakk|LINK

Content type is text/html.  The only violation says "The redirection response results in another redirection".  Content just has some html that says "Object Moved".  The header looks like:

Set-Cookie: ASP.NET_SessionId=vwdgdya30qlisinige45wm45; path=/; HttpOnly,clickLocalization=Language=en-US&Currency=US Dollars&Units=US; expires=Sat, 08-Jan-2011 14:43:05 GMT; path=/,clickLocalization=Language=en-US&Currency=US Dollars&Units=US; expires=Sat, 08-Jan-2011 14:43:05 GMT; path=/,clickLocalization=Language=en-US&Currency=US Dollars&Units=US; expires=Sat, 08-Jan-2011 14:43:05 GMT; path=/
    Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
    X-AspNet-Version: 2.0.50727
    X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
    Cache-Control: private
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
    Content-Length: 157

Title just says "Object Moved".  It seems like the redirection is causing it to only pull the words "Object Moved" and not actually follow the redirection to the new page to finish crawling the links on the real page.  If I go directly to my page in the browser, it pulls up correctly--I don't get the "Object Moved" HTML page like the SEO Toolkit is finding.

What is causing the Toolkit to not actually follow the redirection to the new "real" page?