We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

View Complete Thread
  • Re: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request

Aug 27, 2009 09:57 AM|jb|LINK

We are seeing this error too, but our circumstances are a little differenct.  

100-200 times a day we fail to get a complete post body of a request (I/O operation aborted).

The real problem for us is that IIS locks the session object of the user who made that request. Further requests from that user are blocked until the original request times out (2 min default) causing our user to be blocked from the site and in the past causing many hits to our session database.

I can see why msft might lock the session and start the aspx processing before reading the entire request, but it seems non-optimal/like a bug to us right now.

Is there anything we can do to delay session locking or move reading the data off the wire earlier? Any advice is appreciated.

We are looking at EnableSessionState=False or EnableSessionState=ReadOnly, but this will mean major changes to our application.

Configuration/Usage:
       IIS 7, Windows Server 2008, .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 + KB953595, 958484
       10,000 non-anonymous users a day
        1.1 Million page views/ajax requests a day