We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

View Complete Thread
  • Re: Trouble with Linkpoint API in IIS7

Dec 17, 2008 02:15 AM|riznick|LINK

I was having the same issue.  The linkpoint object would actually charge the cards.  It seems that the fault occurs after the charge when it is closing the object.

I contacted linkpoint and they said they would only support .net 1.0.  They assured me that they are working on a new DLL for the latest version of .net. 

Linkpoint seems to be a joke.  It requires OpenSSL, yet does not provide any information on where to get it, or what version is compatible with their tool.  They also told me that if I want to use Windows 2008, then I should use a gateway that supports windows 2008. 

My solution was to create a table in the database that stores all the charge information.  My .net page then calls one of my 2003 servers to charge that data and delete the record.  The page then returns approved or declined to the .net page.  I hate having to do it this way, but it actually solves a lot of the linkpoint errors in a short period of time.  I do not wish to keep it set up this way for long, but it works.