We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

View Complete Thread
  • Re: New GUI tool for MS Log Parser, Log Parser Lizard

Sep 23, 2008 05:12 AM|lizardlabs|LINK

Foureyes

I can't get the program to start.  I'm running on Win2003 x64.  Is that why?

When I start the program, I see nothing (no window, no error message).  "Log Parser Lizard.exe" shows in the Task Manager for a few seconds then disappears.

In the Event Logs I get a Dot-Net Runtime error:

"Faulting application log parser lizard.exe, version 1.0.0.0, stamp 48565da6, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.2.3790.4062, stamp 462643a7, debug? 0, fault address 0x000000000000dd10."

I have Dot-Net 2.0, sp1 installed, and LogParser 2.2.  IIS is running in 64-bit mode.

Thanks!

Log Parser Lizard should write all unhandled exceptions in log files located in \Program Files\LizardLabs\Log Parser Lizard\Logs. Please look there for more info or send the logs (if they exists) to me so I’ll take a look for a solution.  I don’t have much of experience with Win 2k3 x64 but please try to reinstall Microsoft .Net framework 2.0 (and 1.1 if you can).  Since LPL uses a lot of managed and unmanaged code maybe some of dependencies are broken and simple reinstall will fix them. I would also like to know if someone successfully uses LPL on 64 bit OS. Thnx.

Lizard Labs Software
    home of Log Parser Lizard
    https://www.lizard-labs.com