View Complete Thread
  • Re: Error 500.13 (Server too busy) with many sites on one machine

Apr 04, 2008 11:44 AM|jn00s|LINK

Hi Ganesh,

Thanks for your informative reply. Each site is running in its own application pool. I am not running any other apps or services on my webservers, and they all have an abundance of resources. They are on core2quad q6600s and the cpu never peaks past 5%. They have 4 gigs of ram and never use more than 2.5 gigs. As mentioned above, the Performance Monitor shows that queued ASP requests queued is staying well within its limit. At the moment I have managed to get all 340 sites to run at the same time, but at the expense of spreading them across 6 webservers (plus one more dedicated SQL server box which is also hardly using its CPU or memory.)

I have tried making dumps using DebugDiag in the past and never found anything that looked unusual to me, always lots of threads waiting to be used. IIS never really hangs, it simply throws a 500.13 immediately.

However I will give it one more try right now. I will shift 100-200 sites onto one box and run my script which will hit all sites sequentially. At the same time I will run Performance Monitor and DHeapMonitor, as well as try to create a dump using debugdiag, and I'll post the results here.

Thanks again for your help, I have been fighting with this problem for over a year now.

-Justin