We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

View Complete Thread
  • Re: Classic ASP with Windows Server 2003 or 2008

Jan 03, 2008 08:18 AM|comet240|LINK

like i said i dont know much about the connection strings when  u make a new website the defualt connection string is LocalSql one

but like i said i did all the connection types under ACCESS   from the connectionstrings website but i still get 

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

/default.asp, line 240

i tried making a Provider  under Provder icon and stuff but nothing  this is what i have so far i tried

Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\website\dbs\guestbook.mdb;User Id=shah;thefire=;

Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\website\dbs\guestbook.mdb;Jet OLEDB:Database Password=thefire;

Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\website\dbs\guestbook.mdb;Jet OLEDB:System Database=system.mdw;

Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\website\dbs\guestbook.mdb;Jet OLEDB:System Database=system.mdw;User ID=shah;Password=●●●●●●●

i tried all of these and so far no luck trying to connect  is there something else i need to add?