View Complete Thread
  • Failed to Execute Url (System.Web.DefaultHttpHandler.BeginProcessRequest) on IIS7

Oct 26, 2007 11:15 AM|nathanaeljones|LINK

I have a asp.net application that I deploy to a WS2003 server. It is built for the classic pipeline mode.

However, my home development machine runs Vista, and I am trying to get it working there also. 

I have a CustomDefaultHandler registered instead of DefaultHttpHandler, from which it is derived.

CustomDefaultHandler watches for ?download=true in the query string, and appends the content-disposition:attachement header before passing the request on to the base class with the statement return base.BeginProcessRequest(context, callback, state);

I have a script map for * to aspnet_isapi.dll. Default documents are disabled. To eliminate any NTFS ACL issues, I gave the Everyone group Full Control over the entire web site folder (no, this isn't permanent).

Anonymous, Forms, and Windows authenticate are enabled (anonymous runs under Network Service), and Forms is database-driven. Windows is on for VS2005 debugging support.

And, of course, the application is running in the ASP.NET 2.0 classic pool as NETWORK SERVICE.

I receive this error from any requests that go through return base.BeginProcessRequest(context, callback, state);

<div class="exceptionViewer">

System.Web.HttpException

Failed to Execute URL.

• System.Web.Hosting.ISAPIWorkerRequestInProcForIIS6.BeginExecuteUrl(String url, String method, String childHeaders, Boolean sendHeaders, Boolean addUserIndo, IntPtr token, String name, String authType, Byte[] entity, AsyncCallback cb, Object state)
    • System.Web.HttpResponse.BeginExecuteUrlForEntireResponse(String pathOverride, NameValueCollection requestHeaders, AsyncCallback cb, Object state)
    • System.Web.DefaultHttpHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
    • fbs.Handlers.CustomDefaultHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback callback , Object state)

h:\yf\App_Code \Handlers\CustomDefaultHandler.csline 101

• System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute ()
    • System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
    </div><div class="exceptionViewer"> </div><div class="exceptionViewer"> I've been fighting this forever - it's time to call in the experts. </div>