View Complete Thread
  • IE Hanging when using localhost

May 23, 2006 05:23 PM|Richard8888|LINK

I am running HP pavillion zv5000 with Xp Pro Sp2 (only installed yesterday so still not activated). I have installed IIS (ver 5.1) as per my other two computers. I then launched my web site http:\\localhost\index.asp and can see my home page. When I then click on a link the IE window hangs. I know that my web page works correctly as I have tried it on both of my other PC's running XP Pro SP2 and have no issues.

I have monitored ports to make sure that IIS and inetinfo.exe is listening. I have pinged localhost, 127.0.0.1 and the computer name to prove communication. I have also completely un-installed IIS and re-installed (uninstall= add/remove, then boot into safe mode and delete ii6.log, inetpub and inetsrv directory). I have also compared configuration in between the three PC's for user access levels, folder access permissions and can see no differences.

The only item which gives a hint is that if I show Windows Task Manager-> processes when attempting to use the web page the CPU time on dllhost.exe immediatley goes upto 99% and stays there until the IE window seems to time out.

Would you hava any thoughts? I am trying to get this laptop working for several exhibitions on the road starting on Thursday PM. Thanks