We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

Help me out to know more iis/asp.net troubleshooting toolsRSS

5 replies

Last post Apr 05, 2021 07:30 AM by samwu

• Help me out to know more iis/asp.net troubleshooting tools

Apr 02, 2021 12:35 AM|Parkiis|LINK

Hi Folks,

Currently i am using browser dev tools and fiddler tracing, failed request tracing for troubleshooting asp.net iis hosted application on pre prod and prod environments. Is there any more tools where i can use for troubleshooting. Please share more ideas and your answer is really appreciated!

Thanks!

• Re: Help me out to know more iis/asp.net troubleshooting tools

Apr 02, 2021 06:28 AM|samwu|LINK

Hi Parkiis,

Parkiis

Currently i am using browser dev tools and fiddler tracing, failed request tracing for troubleshooting asp.net iis hosted application on pre prod and prod environments. Is there any more tools where i can use for troubleshooting. Please share more ideas and your answer is really appreciated!

There are different troubleshooting tools for different problems, for example, error messages can usually be viewed in the Event Viewer, for Network problems, we usually use Microsoft Network Monitor, and there is also the Debug Diagnostic Tool, the Debug Diagnostic Tool (DebugDiag) is designed to assist in troubleshooting issues such as hangs, slow performance, memory leaks or memory fragmentation, and crashes in any user-mode process.

Best regards,

Sam

IIS.NET forums are moving to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, we encourage you to go to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today. Learn more >

Apr 02, 2021 08:00 AM|Parkiis|LINK

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your reply. One more i would like to know as network monitor is for network related and debugdiag is for slowness things. I would like to know prod or pre prod live web pages at browser level if you want to troubleshoot how can we do?

Suppose if it has bad code or bad un responsive service calls. As i know visual studio debugger it needs visual studio dot net IDE apart from that if we want to troubleshoot/debug web applications, which are hosted on iis web server how can we do that? Please let me know. Currently i am doing fiddler and browser dev tools for that. I would like to know is there any more tools for troubleshooting of hosted web application requests?

Thanks!

Apr 02, 2021 09:29 AM|samwu|LINK

Hi Parkiis,

Parkiis

I would like to know prod or pre prod live web pages at browser level if you want to troubleshoot how can we do?

We usually use F12-dev tools to troubleshoot errors in the browser.

Parkiis

Suppose if it has bad code or bad un responsive service calls. As i know visual studio debugger it needs visual studio dot net IDE apart from that if we want to troubleshoot/debug web applications, which are hosted on iis web server how can we do that? Please let me know. Currently i am doing fiddler and browser dev tools for that. I would like to know is there any more tools for troubleshooting of hosted web application requests?

As I mentioned above, first you have to determine what type of problem you are before you can decide to use the troubleshooting tool. Usually the error page in the browser will have detailed information about the error.

Best regards,

Sam

IIS.NET forums are moving to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, we encourage you to go to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today. Learn more >

Apr 02, 2021 04:15 PM|Parkiis|LINK

@samwu

can you please name out list of more troubleshooting tools which help. any more on this.

Apr 05, 2021 07:30 AM|samwu|LINK

Hi Parkiis,

Parkiis

can you please name out list of more troubleshooting tools which help. any more on this.

These tools are usually used. What errors did you get? Can you share with us?

Best regards,

Sam