Issue installing an old WebUI in Windows 10RSS

3 replies

Last post Dec 14, 2020 08:44 AM by samwu

‹ Previous Thread|Next Thread ›
  • Issue installing an old WebUI in Windows 10

Dec 11, 2020 09:26 PM|AeroApe|LINK

I'm trying to install an old WebUI to interface with a SQL Server 2008 database.  When I try to install the UI I get the following error:

"This setup requires Internet Information Server 4.0 or higher and Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, or Windows XP.  This setup cannot be installed on Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows Me.  Please install Internet Information Server and run this setup again."

I'm running Windows 10 with the default IIS (v10) selections installed.  My research shows it should work on a Windows 7 machine, but to be fair, I dont have one to test it on.  Do you have any suggestions as to how I can get this UI installed?

This is a stand-alone machine that is not connected to the internet so I have no security concerns, I just want to access data from an external HDD via the WebUI.

• Re: Issue installing an old WebUI in Windows 10

Dec 12, 2020 06:26 AM|lextm|LINK

Everything you described except Windows 10 is end of life and obsolete. It is not just "security concerns" but no one is going to support such on Windows 10. So stick to Windows 7 is probably your only option.

Lex Li
    Affordable IIS Consulting Services at https://support.lextudio.com/services/consulting.html
    ---------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Dec 13, 2020 08:34 PM|AeroApe|LINK

Thank you for the reply.  Its quite annoying because of course our IT department doesnt have Win7 machines.  My hope was to get this interface working and get the data I needed out of the database.  This is starting to sound like I either need to get a Win7 machine some how, some way, or I need to re-engineer some sort of SQL queries based on notes from 13yrs ago.

Dec 14, 2020 08:44 AM|samwu|LINK

Hi AeroApe,

AeroApe

Thank you for the reply.  Its quite annoying because of course our IT department doesnt have Win7 machines.  My hope was to get this interface working and get the data I needed out of the database.  This is starting to sound like I either need to get a Win7 machine some how, some way, or I need to re-engineer some sort of SQL queries based on notes from 13yrs ago.

There is a known issue that IIS 10 can't be recognized as an IIS 7 and above version.

You can try to host the application on IIS 10, but you need ensure you have migrated the website via web deploy. It could be installed in web platform installer.

Best regards,

Sam

.NET forums are moving to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, we encourage you to go to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.
‹ Previous Thread|Next Thread ›