Webdeploy and SQL 2019 problemRSS

4 replies

Last post Oct 22, 2020 07:32 AM by Ierdelyi

‹ Previous Thread|Next Thread ›
  • Webdeploy and SQL 2019 problem

Oct 19, 2020 12:19 PM|Ierdelyi|LINK

Hello,

We migrated an old SQL 2012 server to a new 2019 standard SQL server.

After the migration, the SQL dacpac deployment was failed.  (same simple package, same installed dependencies on server, Webdeploy 3.5 (3.1237.1764)

I using this packages on deployment server: 

- DAC framework 11.1.2824.1
    - SqlDom_2012 11.1.3000.0
    - SQLSysClrTypes_2012(x64) 11.1.3000.0

The error is:  

Error Code: ERROR_EXECUTING_METHOD

Could not deploy package. ---> System.Exception: Unable to connect to target server

Could you please help me what is the problem?

BR,

Istvan

• Re: Webdeploy and SQL 2019 problem

Oct 20, 2020 02:23 AM|Brucz|LINK

Hi Lerdelyi,

First of all you can run the following query to determine the version of SQL SERVER.

select @@version
    • 11.0.xxxx = SQL Server 2012
    • 12.0.xxxx = SQL Server 2014
    • 13.0.xxxx = SQL Server 2016

The library that handles dacpac deployment is called the DAC framework, the version of DAC is installed in C:\program files (x86)\Microsoft Sql Server\110\DAC\bin
    The "110" in the path indicate that the version of DAC support to SQL Server 2012. When DAC is asked to deploy to a server version that's newer than what is supports, it will give the "unable to connect" error message.
    So you need to change the "110" to the version of new SQL Server so that the DAC can support it.

Best regards,
    Brucz

.NET forums are moving to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, we encourage you to go to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Oct 20, 2020 07:02 AM|Ierdelyi|LINK

Hello Brucz,

Yes, this is the way what I try to follow but I can't find the required components.

I found (a not a Nuget package) DacFramework 15.0.4897.1 but cannot find the required prereq components (ScriptDom, CLR types).

Unfortunately the computer is offline, so I cannot use online installer tools. 

Best regards,

Istvan

Oct 21, 2020 01:45 AM|Brucz|LINK

Hi lerdelyi,

You can download these components from another device that is not offline and copy them to the target server.

Regarding the version of the components and DACframework, and how to obtain the components, I cannot give accurate information. You can go to the SQLServer forum for help.

Best regards,

Brucz

.NET forums are moving to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, we encourage you to go to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Oct 22, 2020 07:32 AM|Ierdelyi|LINK

Hello Brucz,

It seems, I found the required components:

Prereq:

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2087429
    DacFramework_18.2_15.0.4384.2.msi
    DacFramework_18.2_15.0.4384.2_x64.msi

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=100451
    SQLSysClrTypes_15.0.2000.5.msi

An after I install WebDeploy 3.6 (3.5 not support the DacFramwwork 18.2)

Now It seems, the deployment start (and failed with error, but this is better).

The error is:

System.Exception: Unable to connect to target server 'phadb'. Please verify the connection information such as the server name, login credentials, and firewall rules for the target server. ---> System.Exception: Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.

The command:

msdeploy.exe -verb:sync -source:dbDacFx="C:\Temp\WebDeploy\DacTest2012.dacpac" -dest:dbDacFx="Data Source=phadb;Integrated Security=True;Database=helloworldwd_test",computername="https://192.168.0.1:8172/msdeploy.axd?site=HelloWorldWD",userName="xxxxxx",password="xxxxx",authtype=basic -verbose -allowUntrusted 

Maybe the problem on SQL side (security settings or SPNs)

I'll open a thread in SQL forum (and I'll link it).

Thank you for your help,

Istvan

‹ Previous Thread|Next Thread ›