Migrating Windows Web Server 2008 r2 SP1 to Windows 2012 R2 troubles with frameworkRSS

3 replies

Last post Oct 16, 2020 02:46 AM by Brucz

• Migrating Windows Web Server 2008 r2 SP1 to Windows 2012 R2 troubles with framework

Oct 15, 2020 01:55 PM|Daveh410|LINK

Ok, 

I have read all the posts, etc but I am still not getting it, I export the entire server doing the right click on the server deploy export server. save that to folder that is shared, copy it to the NEW webserver and try to import t (Deploy/import) all works for about 1 minute then I get the framwork error source 2.0, destination 4.0.. I try changing the .net of all App Pools to 4.0 on the source server, change the .Net under deploy Under the deploy actions on the right toolbar, export again, try to import.. same error

what am I missing and not changing?

• Re: Migrating Windows Web Server 2008 r2 SP1 to Windows 2012 R2 troubles with framework

Oct 15, 2020 01:59 PM|Daveh410|LINK

1 thing I have found is when I go to export on the 2008 server, under the export server package where it says Package contains

the section of

Section (system.applicationhost/sites)

all of the configurations for the sites are listed as 2.0 

do I change this in Applicationhost.config?

• Re: Migrating Windows Web Server 2008 r2 SP1 to Windows 2012 R2 troubles with framework

Oct 15, 2020 11:27 PM|lextm|LINK

Daveh410

what am I missing and not changing?

1) Do it site by site.

2) Do learn the dependencies before moving https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/iis/publish/using-web-deploy/synchronize-iis#part-1---view-your-sites-dependencies

Lex Li
    Affordable IIS Consulting Services at https://support.lextudio.com/services/consulting.html
    ---------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Oct 16, 2020 02:46 AM|Brucz|LINK

Hi Daveh410,

Daveh410

the section of

Section (system.applicationhost/sites)

all of the configurations for the sites are listed as 2.0 

As you have discovered, the settings in this part are the default settings of web deploy when exporting and need to be modified manually.

When exporting through IIS management, web deploy will not read the configuration of the framework from msdeploy.exe.config, but lets you configure those settings in the dialog window during the export process, using machine configuration (32 and 64) parameters which were set to 2.0 by default.

Best regards,

Brucz