URL Rewrite and ARR + Windows AuthenticationRSS

5 replies

Last post Sep 10, 2020 09:19 AM by Jalpa Panchal

• URL Rewrite and ARR + Windows Authentication

Sep 01, 2020 11:47 AM|MCP Developer|LINK

Hi ,

I am using reverse proxy for my sites.

Windows credentials keep asking ...then i went through IIS failed request tracking there i found authentication is Not available.

I set up Anonymous for ARR and Windows Authentication for web site, but no luck. Please help on this..

authenticationType="NOT_AVAILABLE"

• Re: URL Rewrite and ARR + Windows Authentication

Sep 01, 2020 12:01 PM|ingale88s|LINK

Hi MCP Developer,

It looks like you have windows authentication is enabled in your launch settings if it's a asp.net core application. 

Can you also provide more details on the infrastructure so I can understand your issue better.

Sep 02, 2020 03:51 AM|MCP Developer|LINK

Hi ,

This is dotnet MVC application only , not asp.net core .

Windows Server 2012 ..Also local dev environments Windows 10......but not working in server and local dev environments too..

Sep 02, 2020 05:31 AM|MCP Developer|LINK

Hi ,

I tired all other ways like app pool identity , disable loop back checks etc...but didnt work..

Please help on this...

Sep 02, 2020 09:52 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

is the proxy site is on the same server or different server? if yes then make sure both are on the same domain. the issue is IE won't pass credentials to a site unless it's in the intranet security zone or the same domain. IP addresses aren't a domain or machine name so IE sees them as internet zone and won't pass credentials. To fix this, add the IP address to the intranet zone in IE's security tab.

Note: You cannot use integrated Windows authentication through a proxy server.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/324276/how-to-configure-internet-information-services-web-authentication-in-w

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Sep 10, 2020 09:19 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

Hi,

Is your issue solved?

If your issue is solved then I request you to mark the helpful suggestion as an answer. This will help other people who face the same issue.

If your issue still exists then try to refer the solution given by the community members.

If then also you have any further questions then let us know about it.

We will try to provide further suggestions to solve the issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Jalpa.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.