New UrlRSS

5 replies

Last post Aug 05, 2020 09:44 PM by Roemesh

• New Url

Jul 29, 2020 04:17 PM|Roemesh|LINK

Hi Expert,

I have set up a new url in IIS i.e. www.xyz.com  how i can make it sure that multple users will login to the URL .Is there any setting we suppose to do for it

regards

Roemesh

• Re: New Url

Jul 30, 2020 03:23 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

Hi,

could you please share which kind of application or site you are using (e.g, asp.net, HTML, classic asp)? you could try custom authentication or iis provided authentication. 

iis provide below authentication :

1)Basic Authentication

2)Digest Authentication For Windows Domain Servers

3)Windows Authentication

4)Form Authentication

you also need to describe your requirements in detail like what kind of user want to allow. you just want to use this authentication for internal users or internet users. 

Refer this below link for more detail about the iis authentication:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/iis/configuration/system.webserver/security/authentication/

Regards,

Jalpa

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Jul 30, 2020 08:29 AM|Roemesh|LINK

Hi Expert,

it is Windows Authentication but how it will allow multiple users to access the websites

Regards

Roemesh

Aug 03, 2020 09:56 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

you could allow multiple users by using below code:

<authorization>
      <allow roles="XYZ\Domain Users"/>
    </authorization>

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16703312/windows-authentication-for-multiple-user-in-same-domain

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Aug 05, 2020 05:41 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

Hi,

Is your issue solved?

If your issue is solved then I request you to mark the helpful suggestion as an answer. This will help other people who face the same issue.

If your issue still exists then try to refer the solution given by the community members.

If then also you have any further questions then let us know about it.

We will try to provide further suggestions to solve the issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Jalpa.

MSDN Community Support

Aug 05, 2020 09:44 PM|Roemesh|LINK

Hi Expert,

It should be allowed to all domain users

Roemesh