IIS - Integrated Security to connect to DB serverRSS

3 replies

Last post Jul 10, 2020 03:17 AM by Jalpa Panchal

‹ Previous Thread|Next Thread ›
  • IIS - Integrated Security to connect to DB server

Jun 26, 2020 04:45 AM|sgarg926|LINK

hi all,

I am getting error in db connectivity when connectionstring has param as Integrated Security as true, please advise.

Error is: Message : The server principal "Domain/MachineName$" is not able to access the database "DB Name" under the current security context.

Alos, I am not able to provide my domain credentials in Connect As option as its not able to verify my password.

any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Shalini

• Re: IIS - Integrated Security to connect to DB server

Jun 27, 2020 09:45 PM|andrejostap80|LINK

I also had the same problem!

Jun 29, 2020 03:12 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

try to configure the domain user with the iis application pool by using the following steps:

1)open iis manager.

2)select your application pool -> advanced setting.

3)Under Process Model, click on the “Identity” value and select “Custom account”.

enter image description here

enter your domain user name(DOMAIN\USERNAME) and password which user has to access to the database and click ok to apply the changes.

after applying changes select the application pool and click on the “Recycle”.

If you still face an issue you could refer below link for how to configure application pool user in SQL server.

https://forums.iis.net/post/2159167.aspx

Regards,

Jalpa

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Jul 10, 2020 03:17 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

Hi,

Is your issue solved?

If your issue is solved then I request you to mark the helpful suggestion as an answer. This will help other people who face the same issue.

If your issue still exists then try to refer the solution given by the community members.

If then also you have any further questions then let us know about it.

We will try to provide further suggestions to solve the issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Jalpa.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.
‹ Previous Thread|Next Thread ›