Restrict MsDepSVC access by IP [Answered]RSS

3 replies

Last post Jun 03, 2020 06:14 AM by Jalpa Panchal

‹ Previous Thread|Next Thread ›
  • Restrict MsDepSVC access by IP

May 27, 2020 05:00 PM|twoowar0|LINK

Is there any way to restrict access to the remote service agent MsDepSVC deployment URL http://+:80/MSDEPLOYAGENTSERVICE via IP address. I am not running/using the Web Management Service handler. I am just using msdeploy.exe to do a sync using an admin account. 

I tried adding a security/ipsecurity restriction to the applicationhost.config but I believe that is entirely bypassed and the remote service agent handles the incoming requests directly (not via IIS).

• Re: Restrict MsDepSVC access by IP

May 28, 2020 02:32 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

Hi,

Try to set the ip restriction in the management service.

1)open iis manager.

2)select the management service feature.

3)select deny connections for unspecified clients (Access for unspecified clients: Deny) and specify IP address/ IP subnets for which the connections are allowed.you can restrict connections to the IIS Management Console by IP address.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

May 28, 2020 08:56 AM|twoowar0|LINK

Unfortunately I'm not using the Web Management Service. I'm purely using the remote service agent. The WMS service is not even running.

Jun 03, 2020 06:14 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

if you are not using the management services then in my opinion there is no other way to block the incoming IP.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.
‹ Previous Thread|Next Thread ›