Wordpress, .Well-known directories, and IIS 10RSS

1 reply

Last post May 11, 2020 06:29 AM by Jalpa Panchal

• Wordpress, .Well-known directories, and IIS 10

May 08, 2020 12:29 PM|cambridgeport90|LINK

I am in the process of reconfiguring a Wordpress site on IIS that had several problems, and I believe that the problems are rlated to functionality of some plugins. I will be setting up the site on a Windows server 2019 machine. The plugin in question creates a .Well-known directory and I know that directories that start with a dot are not allowed by default. I have other iis modules installed (particularly Certify the Web), that also use these directories. Is there a singular step I can do so that I don't have to modify the configuration for every single instance of this? Or is there an easier way of doing this? I understand the idea of not allowing dot-beginning directories, but there should be some sort of easy method to override this without each person having to develop their own extension. After all, Nginx and Apache allow this by default. Maybe an open source handler for this stuff might not be the worst idea in the world ... Thanks for anything you can offer.

• Re: Wordpress, .Well-known directories, and IIS 10

May 11, 2020 06:29 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.