Cannot configure FTP User InsolationRSS

5 replies

Last post Apr 20, 2020 01:23 AM by Jalpa Panchal

‹ Previous Thread|Next Thread ›
  • Cannot configure FTP User Insolation

Apr 10, 2020 01:24 PM|MitjaHD|LINK

I followed different tutorials and tried a lot of things, but I always get the error: 530 cannot log in home directory inaccessible.

If i change from user name directory to FTP root directory I can login and access files. I added 4 users, gave permission to these users to files but it doesn't work. 

• Re: Cannot configure FTP User Insolation

Apr 13, 2020 02:09 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

Hi,

I suggest that you can disable User Isolation firstly and check if the user can log in correctly or not. then you need to check whether the folder has been created like this:%FtpRoot%\LocalUser%UserName%。

In addition, please ensure you have granted the NTFS permission for the user to access the root folder and the folder with their name.
    If you were using a domain account, please try this:
    Domain|Username

if you still face the issue you could try to use a process monitor tool to troubleshoot the issue.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/iis-support-blog/troubleshooting-http-401-3-errors-with-process-monitor/ba-p/347370

for more information you could refer below links:

Configuring FTP User Isolation in IIS

FTP “530 User cannot log in” error and solution

Error 530 when users browse an anonymous FTP site configured for Active Directory User Isolation in IIS 7.0 and 7.5

Regards,

Jalpa

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Apr 13, 2020 12:24 PM|MitjaHD|LINK

Hello thanks for reply.

I removed user isolation and set it to FTP root directory (it should be c:\inetpub\ftproot) which is empty if i look in explorer. When I logged in with my user it showed me the folder "LocalUser" (which i set as a virtual directory). When I opened this folder there is a folder to which the user should be pointing, but when I tried to open this folder (let's call it user1) the filezilla says:  550 Cannot create a file when that file already exists. 

Apr 14, 2020 09:39 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Apr 17, 2020 08:43 PM|MitjaHD|LINK

Hello, I solved the problem by changing the name of virtual directory from LocalUser to the name of my IIS server, took me a lot of time to find this out and didn't see it in documentation. So it's working now, not sure why.

Apr 20, 2020 01:23 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

Hi,

Is your issue solved?

If your issue is solved then I request you to mark the helpful suggestion as an answer. This will help other people who face the same issue.

If your issue still exists then try to refer the solution given by the community members.

If then also you have any further questions then let us know about it.

We will try to provide further suggestions to solve the issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Jalpa.

MSDN Community Support
‹ Previous Thread|Next Thread ›