Is site level fastcgi configuration possible?RSS

1 reply

Last post Mar 02, 2020 06:19 AM by Yuk Ding

• Is site level fastcgi configuration possible?

Feb 28, 2020 03:51 PM|JonnyFuller|LINK

Hi friends. I was able to get my Python application working by configuring <fastCGI> at the  system.webServer applicationHost.config level. However, if I remove the fastCGi configuration from the applicationHost.config, and place it at the web.config (site) level, I receive the following error:

<handler> scriptProcessor could not be found in <fastCGI> application configuration

The documentation states one can configure fastCGI at the site level, but this does not seem to be the case.  Is there a way to configure fastCGI in my web.config without requiring administrative rights over applicationHost.config? 

• Re: Is site level fastcgi configuration possible?

Mar 02, 2020 06:19 AM|Yuk Ding|LINK

Hi JonnyFuller,

The documebnt said we can place fast-cgi configuration in web.config. However, when I move it from applicationhost.config into web.config.  IIS the fast-cgi handler return 500 error.

If we check the fast-cgi configuration in configuration manager, we can just find it in server level.

So I think there could probably have something wrong when activating fastcgi event IIS itself didn't report any error message. Is there any concern to place fastcgi into applicationhost.config? Because you could set fast-cgi per-site and set script map handler in site level.

Best Regards,

Jokies Ding

Yuk Ding

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.