Dynamic IP Restrictions Beta module blocking IIS migrationRSS

2 replies

Last post Feb 19, 2020 01:39 AM by Jalpa Panchal

• Dynamic IP Restrictions Beta module blocking IIS migration

Feb 10, 2020 07:42 PM|AScaredAdmin|LINK

I am currently trying to migrate our public facing web server from Server 2008 R2 to Server 2016. I am attempting to use msdeploy. I have successfully done this with our Dev server that was also a 2008 R2 server and moved to a 2016 server. However, when I attempt to do the same steps with our Production server I get an error saying the 'Dynamic IP Restrictions Beta' application is on my source server and it is unsupported on my destination server. When I look at my source server however, I don't see the beta installed AND the Dynamic IP Restrictions feature is installed on my destination server as well. My questions are as follows:

1. Is it possible to skip this module when exporting or importing the sites via msdeploy?

2. If it's not possible, what are my next steps for getting these sites moved?

I have Googled for a few hours and have found a whole lot of nothing. I've seen a few people have the same problem, but the solution was never stated.

Thanks for any help. This has been the bane of my existence for the past month.

</div> </div>

• Re: Dynamic IP Restrictions Beta module blocking IIS migration

Feb 11, 2020 02:52 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

Hi,

You could do two things:

1)install the IP and domain  name restriction from the web platform 9nstller as suggested in the below article:

Using Dynamic IP Restrictions

IP Address and Domain Restrictions

2)you could remove the configuration setting from your site or server setting and then try to migrate.

Regards,

Jalpa

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.
  • Re: Dynamic IP Restrictions Beta module blocking IIS migration

Feb 19, 2020 01:39 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

Hi,

Is your issue solved?

If your issue is solved then I request you to mark the helpful suggestion as an answer. This will help other people who face the same issue.

If your issue still exists then try to refer the solution given by the community members.

If then also you have any further questions then let us know about it.

We will try to provide further suggestions to solve the issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Jalpa.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.