Setup UsersRSS

2 replies

Last post Dec 19, 2019 07:19 AM by Jalpa Panchal

• Setup Users

Dec 18, 2019 06:39 PM|klhaviland|LINK

Currently I have setup my IIS and IPP printer, however the only user on my domain who can use it is administrator. How do I change this? At this point I have attempted to add specific users to the print group. The only thing that happens is when I add the printer using the https link it prompts me for user credentials and says "printer not found on server, unable to connect".

This server is not a domain controller. It is attached to a domain.

• Re: Setup Users

Dec 18, 2019 10:02 PM|klhaviland|LINK

It looks like adding a local user to this server added it to IIS as well. I can access the printer using the local users. Now how do I add domain users to IIS? Is adding domain users recommended?

• Re: Setup Users

Dec 19, 2019 07:19 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

Hi,

You could assign the domain user to the application pool identity by following steps:

1)Open iis manager.

2)From application pools select your application pool name.

3)Click on advance settings from the action pane.

4)in application pool advance setting you will find the identity.click on the ... (dots).

5)select custom user radio button and set domain username and password.Use the format domain\username for the username.

After applying setting recycles the application pool and restart your iis site.

Regards,

Jalpa

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.