Shared Configuration icon not showed upRSS

7 replies

Last post Dec 12, 2019 09:06 AM by apkmodi

• Shared Configuration icon not showed up

Nov 27, 2019 05:02 PM|asaputra026|LINK

I installed iis 8 on a windows server 2012 core, i connected using iis manager from another server using GUI.

I need to setup iis shared configuration between two nodes on a windows failover cluster.
    I was able to enable shared configuration normally on the first server (full install) but the problem is, the IIS shared config icon is not present on the core server. Under management section, I can only see "Configuration editor", "Feature Delegation", "IIS manager permissions", "IIS manager users"
    I'm connecting the the server using domain admin account... please advise how do i setup the IIS configuration server under this circumstance

PS: i am not really expert at IIS & server core setting so a detailed advice will be very much appreciated
  • Re: Shared Configuration icon not showed up

Nov 27, 2019 06:45 PM|lextm|LINK

Certain icons won't appear if you use IIS Manager on another machine to remotely manage.

Switch to the equivalent PowerShell scripts or appcmd commands.

Lex Li
    Affordable IIS Consulting Services at https://support.lextudio.com/services/consulting.html
    ---------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Nov 28, 2019 05:56 AM|asaputra026|LINK

Hi lextm, thanks for the answer
    Do you know the equivalent powershell command to enable iis shared config on windows server 2012 core?
    I tried look it up on the internet and all i found is command for win server 2016 (Enable-IisSharedConfig) which apparently is not accepted on my server.... i have import module webadministration and it seems such command is not available in there too

Please advise :(

Nov 28, 2019 06:52 AM|lextm|LINK

Lex Li
    Affordable IIS Consulting Services at https://support.lextudio.com/services/consulting.html
    ---------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Nov 28, 2019 05:47 PM|asaputra026|LINK

Lextm... thanks again for the answer
    But... The import module iisadministration not working for me
    And i cant find more detailed information on the link you sent me , i followed the steps and i dont know how to continue after the paragraph says “Now let’s convert the generated code into IISAdministration powshell cmdlet..”
    Really sorry, i am totally new to this, if there’s a “for noob” guidance i’ll be very grateful

Dec 03, 2019 09:50 AM|Yuk Ding|LINK

Hi asaputra026,

Have you installed IIS management tool? If you didn't install that, IISadministration will not work.

Besides, have you tried this 

Install-Module –Name IISAdministration.

Best Regards,

Jokies Ding

Yuk Ding

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.

Dec 12, 2019 09:06 AM|TOMci95|LINK

Hi, thanks for the answer
    Do you know the equivalent powershell command to enable iis shared config on windows server 2019 core?

Dec 15, 2019 06:07 PM|apkmodi|LINK

I have the same problem and am following the instructions apk mod