JEA - get-service output commandRSS

3 replies

Last post Nov 15, 2019 05:42 AM by Jalpa Panchal

• JEA - get-service output command

Nov 13, 2019 12:10 PM|JoeRGlasgow|LINK

I have setup JEA and got it working fine.  Now I need to tweak it for the output.

I can get this to work fine

Get-Service -ComputerName Server service

this works also works fine

Get-Service -ComputerName Server service | select Name

But it falls over If I do this

Get-Service -ComputerName Server service | select Status

error:
    Cannot validate argument on parameter 'Property'. The argument "status" does not belong to the set
    "ModuleName,Namespace,OutputType,Count,HelpUri,Name,CommandType,ResolvedCommandName,DefaultParameterSet,CmdletBinding,Parameters" specified by the ValidateSet attrib
    ute. Supply an argument

How do i get it to be able to output all the switches. Ideally I would like to be able to do this via JEA

Get-Service -ComputerName server service | select -property MachineName, Name, DisplayName, starttype, Status | Format-Table

but Cant figure out how to get the above.

• Re: JEA - get-service output command

Nov 14, 2019 07:22 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

Hi,

It looks like the JEA issue.this is the expected behavior for custom functions.

You could refer to this GitHub issue:

https://github.com/PowerShell/JEA/issues/26

You could create a custom function by using the FunctionDefinitions field. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-in/powershell/scripting/learn/remoting/jea/role-capabilities?view=powershell-6#creating-custom-functions

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Nov 14, 2019 02:54 PM|JoeRGlasgow|LINK

Hi, thanks for that. Not too clued up on functions. I have the following added to the JEA sessions but it doesnt seem to work. It shows the function as avilable when I do get-command

Function GET-NewService
    {
    Param (
    [Paramter(Madatory=$true)]
    [string] $srv,
    [string] $svc
    )

get-service -Computername $srv -Name $svc | select Name, Status, StartType

}

Nov 15, 2019 05:42 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

Hi,

this is not iis issue so I suggest you to post on JEA GitHub.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.