JEA - get-service output commandRSS

3 replies

Last post Nov 15, 2019 05:42 AM by Jalpa Panchal

• JEA - get-service output command

Nov 13, 2019 12:10 PM|JoeRGlasgow|LINK

I have setup JEA and got it working fine.  Now I need to tweak it for the output.

I can get this to work fine

Get-Service -ComputerName Server service

this works also works fine

Get-Service -ComputerName Server service | select Name

But it falls over If I do this

Get-Service -ComputerName Server service | select Status

error:
    Cannot validate argument on parameter 'Property'. The argument "status" does not belong to the set
    "ModuleName,Namespace,OutputType,Count,HelpUri,Name,CommandType,ResolvedCommandName,DefaultParameterSet,CmdletBinding,Parameters" specified by the ValidateSet attrib
    ute. Supply an argument

How do i get it to be able to output all the switches. Ideally I would like to be able to do this via JEA

Get-Service -ComputerName server service | select -property MachineName, Name, DisplayName, starttype, Status | Format-Table

but Cant figure out how to get the above.

• Re: JEA - get-service output command

Nov 14, 2019 07:22 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

Hi,

It looks like the JEA issue.this is the expected behavior for custom functions.

You could refer to this GitHub issue:

https://github.com/PowerShell/JEA/issues/26

You could create a custom function by using the FunctionDefinitions field. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-in/powershell/scripting/learn/remoting/jea/role-capabilities?view=powershell-6#creating-custom-functions

.NET forums are moving to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, we encourage you to go to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Nov 14, 2019 02:54 PM|JoeRGlasgow|LINK

Hi, thanks for that. Not too clued up on functions. I have the following added to the JEA sessions but it doesnt seem to work. It shows the function as avilable when I do get-command

Function GET-NewService
    {
    Param (
    [Paramter(Madatory=$true)]
    [string] $srv,
    [string] $svc
    )

get-service -Computername $srv -Name $svc | select Name, Status, StartType

}

Nov 15, 2019 05:42 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

Hi,

this is not iis issue so I suggest you to post on JEA GitHub.

.NET forums are moving to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, we encourage you to go to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.