i want to create ftp server with authentication but no ssl using powershellRSS

2 replies

Last post Jan 23, 2020 11:56 AM by Lewis-H

• i want to create ftp server with authentication but no ssl using powershell

Jul 22, 2019 12:21 PM|hero1900|LINK

i create ftp server and it always goes in passive mode because of allow ssl

when i create it manually with no ssl option i have every thing working well. so how i can put no ssl as the require option in powershell

• Re: i want to create ftp server with authentication but no ssl using powershell

Jul 23, 2019 01:37 PM|lextm|LINK

hero1900

i create ftp server and it always goes in passive mode because of allow ssl

That's incorrect. The mode is chosen by the client, not server. Dig into the FTP client's own logging to see why it does not choose active mode.

Lex Li
    https://lextudio.com
    ---------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • Re: i want to create ftp server with authentication but no ssl using powershell

Jan 23, 2020 11:56 AM|Lewis-H|LINK

I suggest you roll back configuration and try the powershell script below.

Set IIS FTP SSL to NO SSL equal to set 'require SSL' to 'allow SSL' and remove 'certificate hash'. So you have to set both

system.applicationHost/sites /[name='Site Name'].ftpServer.security.ssl.controlChannelPolicy and system.applicationHost/sites /[name='Site Name'].ftpServer.security.ssl.dataChannelPolicy

Please try this

Set-WebConfigurationProperty -pspath 'MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST'  -filter "system.applicationHost/sites/site[@name='MYFTP']/ftpServer/security/ssl" -name "serverCertHash" -value ""

Set-WebConfigurationProperty -pspath 'MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST'  -filter "system.applicationHost/sites/site[@name='MYFTP']/ftpServer/security/ssl" -name "controlChannelPolicy" -value "SslAllow"

Set-WebConfigurationProperty -pspath 'MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST'  -filter "system.applicationHost/sites/site[@name='MYFTP']/ftpServer/security/ssl" -name "dataChannelPolicy" -value "SslAllow"