Application hosted in IIS stopping after the event id 12 and 9009RSS

3 replies

Last post Jul 22, 2019 09:24 AM by Able

• Application hosted in IIS stopping after the event id 12 and 9009

Jul 20, 2019 03:55 PM|Kesiya|LINK

Hi All,

I have hosted multiple applications in IIS and all applications are stopping at the same time. When I checked the event viewer, I can see only the logs for event id 12 and 9009 around that time. This happened multiple times a day and all these times the event logs entered for these two event Ids.

Please see the description for the event logs,

Event Id 12:

Process SysWOW64\powercfg.exe reset policy scheme from {.........} to {...........}

Event Id 9009:

The Application Host Helper Service encountered an error trying to delete the history directory '~\inetpub\history\CFGHISTORY_0000000823'. The directory will be skipped and ignored. Note that the directory may still get deleted in the future if the service restarts.

I am not able to find any other logs related to IIS or worker process and totally blind on how to debug this issue.

IIS version we are using is 10.0 and the windows edition is Windows Server2016 Standard.

Thanks in advance for the solutions!

• Re: Application hosted in IIS stopping after the event id 12 and 9009

Jul 22, 2019 06:11 AM|Able|LINK

Hi Kesiya,

According to your description,I suggest that you could Stop and restart AppHostSvc. Here is the solution,I hope it could help you.

1. Open an elevated Command Prompt window. Click Start, point to All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
    2. At the command prompt, type net stop apphostsvc.
    3. At the command prompt, type net start apphostsvc.

Best Regard

Able

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Jul 22, 2019 06:19 AM|Kesiya|LINK

Thanks, Abel for the answer.

Could you please give me an insight into why this is happening frequently?

Jul 22, 2019 09:24 AM|Able|LINK

Hi Kesiya 

This event is logged when the Application Host Helper Service encountered an error trying to delete the history directory.You could see it in the below link:
    http://intelligentsystemsmonitoring.com/knowledgebase/internet-information-services/event-id-iis-application-host-history-configuration-185366/

Best Regards

Able

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.