IIS6 & FTP Server OptionRSS

3 replies

Last post May 20, 2019 05:14 AM by Jalpa Panchal

• IIS6 & FTP Server Option

May 19, 2019 04:24 AM|Amelda|LINK

I am not a guru in IT or development etc. I need help. I am trying to build my own website and need FTP.  I am using Windows 7 Home Basic 64bit. Under Programmes & Features the FTP Server option does not appear. I have searched and searched and get confused by all the information because I am a layman and do not understand all the technical terms. How can I resolve this? If someone can just point me in the right direction I will be so grateful. And my apologies if this is not the right forum for my question.

• Re: IIS6 & FTP Server Option

May 19, 2019 05:11 AM|lextm|LINK

Amelda

I am using Windows 7 Home Basic 64bit. Under Programmes & Features the FTP Server option does not appear.

That simply means Microsoft did not sell you the FTP service. Either you upgrade to Windows editions such as Professional, or you use a third party FTP server.

Lex Li
    https://lextudio.com
    ---------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

May 19, 2019 05:23 AM|Amelda|LINK

Thank you very much for the information. I need to ask the stupid question - what will be a third party FTP Server? I did download FileZilla or are you referring to something totally different?

May 20, 2019 05:14 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

Hi Amelda,

3rd party servers are FTP server that not developed and owned by Microsoft, from function perspective they all have the FTP function but with different feature.

Regards,

Jalpa

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.