We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

After deploying a new site "The Module DLL C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\iisreqs.dll failed to load. The data is the error."RSS

3 replies

Last post May 03, 2021 09:10 AM by it.dadkhah

• After deploying a new site "The Module DLL C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\iisreqs.dll failed to load...

May 14, 2019 02:30 PM|josemoliver|LINK

I have an IIS Web Farm composed of two servers (Server A and B) in Shared Configuration. When I update a site in server "A" and initially load the site, Server "B"'s App Pool turns off, I get an "HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable error" on the site and on server "B", I see the following error in the Event Viewer:

"The Module DLL C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\iisreqs.dll failed to load. The data is the error."

I try to restart, recycle the app pool and it sometimes works, most of the time "Server B" goes back to the same error state when the site is launched in the browser.

More details on the config:

.NET CLR Version: 4.0

Enable 32-Bit Applications: False

Managed Pipeline Mode: Integrated

Server: Windows Server 2016

• Re: After deploying a new site "The Module DLL C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\iisreqs.dll failed to...

May 15, 2019 07:25 AM|Able|LINK

Hi josemoliver,

According to your description, firstly for error 

josemoliver

"The Module DLL C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\iisreqs.dll failed to load. The data is the error."

Most iisreqs.dll errors are related to missing or corrupt iisreqs.dll files. Because iisreqs.dll is an external file, it presents a great opportunity for something undesirable to occur.

Improperly shutting down your PC or getting a virus infection could corrupt the iisreqs.dll, which could lead to DLL errors. When your iisreqs.dll file becomes corrupt, it cannot be loaded properly and will present an error message.

Other times, iisreqs.dll file errors could be related to issues in the Windows registry. Broken DLL file references can prevent your DLL file from registering properly, giving you a iisreqs.dll error. These broken registry keys can be as a result of a missing DLL file, moved DLL file, or an leftover DLL file reference in your Windows registry from an unsuccessful software installation or uninstallation.

To try to fix it, you could follow the 10 steps in the link as below:
    https://www.solvusoft.com/en/files/missing-not-found-error/dll/windows/microsoft-corporation/microsoft-windows/iisreqs-dll/

Else 

josemoliver

HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable error

This can happen when the IIS Rewrite module (rewrite.dll) becomes corrupted .To resolve this issue you will need to delete the rewrite.dll module. On a default IIS installation this file is located at %windir%\System32\inetsrv. You should stop IIS before attempting to delete this file. Once you’ve deleted the module you will need to reinstall it by downloading the Web Platform Installer from Microsoft. Once you have the Web Platform Installer running you will need to navigate to the “Products” tab and scroll down until you find “URL Rewrite 2.0”. Click “Add” and restart IIS once the installation is complete.

Best Regards

Able

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.
  • Re: After deploying a new site "The Module DLL C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\iisreqs.dll failed to...

May 15, 2019 03:14 PM|josemoliver|LINK

Thanks for the replies.

I managed to solve the issue! Being in "Shared Configuration", the IIS setups on each server needs to be identical. Going into the "Add Roles and Features Wizard" on each server I compared the setups and discovered that server B was missing some components. At first instance the components may not be deemed critical, but given that the Shared Configuration it was causing the sporadic App Pool shut down problems I was encountering.

Again, thanks for the response.

May 03, 2021 09:10 AM|it.dadkhah|LINK

Hi. What was those missing components?