@{
    Name = 'test'
    PhysicalPath = 'C:\\test\\www'
    Ensure = 'Present'
    IISAnonymousAuth = 'Enabled'
    IISAnonymousUser = ''
    }

ERROR that I'm getting.

VERBOSE: [WEBserver]: [[cVirtualDirectory]intranet.123.com_test_VirtualDirectory] Creating new virtual directory test in site intranetdev.123.com to path C:\\test\\www
    VERBOSE: [WEBserver]: [[cVirtualDirectory]intranet.123.com_test_VirtualDirectory] Removing UserName from Virtual Directory simplesaml in site intranetdev.123.com to set Pass-Through Authentication.
    Cannot find path 'IIS:\Sites\intranetdev.123.com\test' because it does not exist.
    + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (IIS:\Sites\intr....com\test:) [], CimException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.SetItemPropertyCommand
    + PSComputerName : WEBserver

EDIT: THinking i have to someone create the folder structure first on the OS side

• Re: new local virtual directory

Apr 16, 2019 06:00 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

Hi tippet,

Firstly just try to access path 'IIS:\Sites\intranetdev.123.com\test' and check that folder exists or not by using Powershell or manually.

Regards,

Jalpa.

.NET forums are moving to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, we encourage you to go to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.