IIS Authentication & exploreRSS

2 replies

Last post Aug 09, 2018 06:13 AM by deepakpanchal10

• IIS Authentication & explore

Aug 08, 2018 02:35 AM|IreneLeung|LINK

Our web server need to be moved to another machine. A virtual directory has been created to connect a folder in remote server.

The test connection for authenication(by specific account) is succesful. I can also reach such physical path from file explorer.

The user account for authenication is an login account for the remote server, which has different username and password with my web server account.

When I explore the virtual directory in IIS, Error message of 'The username or password is incorrect'.

I view the properties> security of the virtual directory, both my web server account & the remote server account have the read & write permission.

How can I solve this problem?

• Re: IIS Authentication & explore

Aug 08, 2018 12:12 PM|lextm|LINK

IreneLeung

When I explore the virtual directory in IIS, Error message of 'The username or password is incorrect'.

A full screen shot of the error page would be helpful (you might mask out confidential info).

Lex Li
    IIS Consulting Services at https://support.lextudio.com/services/consulting.html
    ---------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • Re: IIS Authentication & explore

Aug 09, 2018 06:13 AM|deepakpanchal10|LINK

Hi IreneLeung,

if you’re trying with Anonymous user, please make sure that IUSR ID should add to the remote folder permission then its works (this is not possible) 

Try this one in App pool setting under Network Services replace with domain user or local user and add same user to folder permission.

Also Make sure that the user who is logged on to the Web server has sufficient NTFS permissions on the remote share and has the "Access this computer from the Network" user right on the computer that has the remote share.

Reference:

"Logon Failure: Unknown User Name or Bad Password" Error Message When You Try to Map a Site to a UNC Share

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.