Microsoft Outlook and Wrongly Marked SPAM [Answered]RSS

2 replies

Last post Jun 14, 2018 12:38 AM by Robin1HR

• Microsoft Outlook and Wrongly Marked SPAM

Jun 13, 2018 08:12 PM|Robin1HR|LINK

I recently set up a custom informational website for a business.  I created several domain name emails which are forwarded to their AOL email.  I then went to their business office to add the accounts to Microsoft Outlook.  That worked without a problem.  However, when I conducted a test to see if they received each domain email, the subject line has **SPAM** Test.

The only message in the test email is:

This is a test.

How can I get rid of **SPAM** on the subject line.  I certainly didn't put it in.  Did AOL do this?  Did the web host?  Did Microsoft Outlook?

Thanks,

Robiin

• Re: Microsoft Outlook and Wrongly Marked SPAM

Jun 13, 2018 09:13 PM|lextm|LINK

You came to the wrong place. This isn't a site to cover SMTP/AOL/Outlook.

Spam filters (no matter which mail product it belongs to) heavily rely on reputation of the mail source. So usually,

• A new domain sending mails might trigger spam flags.
    • Certain mails (like the text you chose) can easily trigger spam flags. You really should use a more formal mail with meaningful text to run the test.

So far the information you provided is limited, so either AOL or Outlook can flag the test mails. Run more testing and use probably another mail client like Thunderbird might show you which spam filter is exactly marking the mails.

Lex Li
    https://lextudio.com
    ---------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • Re: Microsoft Outlook and Wrongly Marked SPAM

Jun 14, 2018 12:38 AM|Robin1HR|LINK

I'll try another site.

Thanks for responding,

Robin