Python Installer - This product did not install successfully: Downloaded file failed signature verification and may have been tampered with.RSS

5 replies

Last post Jun 10, 2019 05:43 AM by jayharris

• Python Installer - This product did not install successfully: Downloaded file failed signature ve...

May 29, 2018 06:57 PM|mrelliott|LINK

I'm trying to install WFastCGI 2.1 Gateway for IIS and Python 3.4 via the Web Platform Installer. 

Python Installer fails with the error: "This product did not install successfully: Downloaded file failed signature verification and may have been tampered with". Python 3.4.2 (32-bit) and WFastCGI 2.1 Gateway for IIS and Python 3.4 subsequently fail with the error: "This product cannot be installed because a product that it depends on did not install successfully".

I noticed that the direct download link in the prerequisites tab launches this URL, which explains that pytools has been migrated to PTVS. Maybe this is part of the problem? 

I'm following this tutorial about deploying a Flask web app on IIS. Please help me find solutions to make this installation successful or provide alternatives that will allow me to deploy on IIS. Thank you!

• Re: Python Installer - This product did not install successfully: Downloaded file failed signatur...

May 30, 2018 03:13 AM|deepakpanchal10|LINK

Hi mrelliott,

I try to reproduce the issue on my end and I got the same error.

I also try to install Python 3.4.2 (32-bit) and WFastCGI 2.1 separately but it also failed.

It looks like some issue with the Web Platform Installer.

So I try to install the MSI version of Python 3.4.2 (32-bit) from link below.

Python 3.4.2

It get installed successfully.

So I suggest you to download the Python 3.4.2 from the link to work around this issue.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.
  • Re: Python Installer - This product did not install successfully: Downloaded file failed signatur...

Apr 12, 2019 04:18 PM|hurbina|LINK

Hi Mr Elliott,

were you able to solve this issue? It's possible to install python3.4 as indicated by @deepakpanchal10, but that doesn't help to install wFastCGI with Web Platform Installer...

Jun 09, 2019 06:40 PM|jayharris|LINK

Hi Deepak,

According to WPI logs, it looks like the URL to the Python Installer used by WPI points to Codeplex, which is no longer online. WPI is using http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=397537, but with CodePlex in archive mode and the installer download fails.

How can we get this escalated within Microsoft to get this issue addressed?

Thank you!

Jay Harris

Jun 09, 2019 07:06 PM|lextm|LINK

Following the deprecation of Python on Azure App Service on Windows (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/python/managing-python-on-azure-app-service?view=vs-2017), you should switch to Python on Linux, as Python on IIS uses the same components (wfastcgi for example) that are now marked as deprecated.

I don't think any escalation can change their minds, and Python on Windows does have its own limitations out of Microsoft's control.

Lex Li
    IIS Consulting Services at https://support.lextudio.com/services/consulting.html
    ---------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Jun 10, 2019 05:43 AM|jayharris|LINK

Limitations being what they may, Python still has value on Windows and is required under certain tools, particularly under nodejs. Though Azure App Services and WFastCGI may be deprecated, Python as a standalone element still has value and installation under WebPI is (or was) a solid avenue for acquisition.

If the link isn't adjusted, then Python (and it's downstream elements) should be removed from WebPI feeds.