about msdeploy "-setparam " ,to restore a websiteRSS

1 reply

Last post Apr 09, 2018 08:46 AM by Yuk Ding

• about msdeploy "-setparam " ,to restore a website

Apr 09, 2018 01:11 AM|keepcoffee|LINK

Hi,my operation environment is IIS6 on windows server 2003.

I use follow command line to package my site,and make the site name and site's physical path with parameters.

msdeploy.exe -verb:sync -source:metakey=lm/w3svc/117880585 -dest:package=c:\dises.zip
    -declareParam:name=param1,kind=ProviderPath,scope=appHostConfig,match=dises,defaultValue=dises
    -declareParam:name=param2,kind=DestinationVirtualDirectory,scope=dises/,defaultValue=C:\dises\Code\Web

"dises" is my site name,and the above command executed with no error,and I can see the parameters I declare in the zip package.

"117880585 " is my site ID.

Next,I restore this package to another machine with the same operation environment(I use virtual machine software).

the command as follows:

msdeploy.exe -verb:sync -source:package=c:\dises.zip -dest:metakey=lm/w3svc/117880585
    -setParam:name=param1,kind=ProviderPath,scope=appHostConfig,match=dises,Value=disesaa
    -setParam:name=param2,kind=DestinationVirtualDirectory,scope=disesaa/,Value=C:\111\dises\Code\Web

yes,you can see that I changed the parameters value,"dises" to "disesaa", "C:\dises\Code\Web" to "C:\111\dises\Code\Web",for test purpose.

But when execution finished,the site name and physical path didn't change.

So,anything wrong?please help.

• Re: about msdeploy "-setparam " ,to restore a website

Apr 09, 2018 08:46 AM|Yuk Ding|LINK

Hi keepcoffee

To further help you about this issue, I am trying to invoke someone experienced to help look into this thread, this may take some time and as soon as we get any result, we will post back. 

Regards

Yuk Ding

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.