IIS Application Pool Initialization - Warming up a login request...Is it possible?RSS

1 reply

Last post May 12, 2017 01:47 PM by lextm

• IIS Application Pool Initialization - Warming up a login request...Is it possible?

May 12, 2017 12:36 PM|PatrickM3|LINK

Hi,

I'm working on a web app which is experiencing slow first hit performance whenever the app pools are recycled. Subsequent requests are always pretty quick, but that first 'cold' run is considerably slower.

I've deployed the app pool initialization plugin to warm up the site, which seems to have done the trick in terms of actually loading the login page quickly, there is a but.

When users attempt to login, the first request is always slow (even with the initialization in place), which defeats the object of warming up the application.

Is there any way to improve this first hit of the login request? Is there something I can do to schedule/automate an initial login request before users will come to login?

Thanks in advance.

• Re: IIS Application Pool Initialization - Warming up a login request...Is it possible?

May 12, 2017 01:47 PM|lextm|LINK

Slowness can come from multiple sources, so your very first task should be locating them instead of heading to the solution rudely.

IIS Application Initialization module is designed for certain scenarios where you can trigger worker process initialization along with initialization of a certain page. Thus, it won't work for all pages if you do have another source of slowness.

Go back to your drawing board, and find out what exactly causes the slowness when application initialization is there. May it be a database connection, or configuration loading, find it and then you can easily fix it.

Lex Li
    https://lextudio.com
    ---------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.